Friday, December 9, 2016

Unfurled

 christmas art ornament and ribbon painting by sarah sedwick
 "Unfurled" 
10 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
$250

Still Life Open Studio, Holiday Edition, was a bit smaller than it might have been due to some seriously yucky weather, but those who braved the icy rain got to witness firsthand my wretched excess when it comes to ornament still life setup.  Even I had trouble deciding which of the half-dozen paintings I was seeing in the objects on the table to bring to life on canvas. But this curling ribbon kept snagging my eye - and here it is! 
*
Collectors! Don't miss this opportunity to browse my paintings, new and old - come find out what I mean when i say serious end-of-the-year deals. Saturday and Sunday, 11-7, at Whitprint:

1 comment:

Helene Adamson said...

You say you couldn't decide on the composition -- and here I am thinking how inspired and confidently constructed this is! Gosh, you are marvelous at painting shiny objects, Sarah, but frankly I admire all your work. A wonderful piece!