Friday, March 17, 2017

Three Oranges, One Video, One Self-Portrait Sketch, and Some Words

 
 "Three Oranges no. 3 (Pattern)"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
$200

Another orange painting from Playa - and a time-lapse video of my underpainting. You can see how I tweak the position of everything just a bit at the very beginning - the best time to make changes like that, for sure! 

(If you're an email subscriber, you may need to click on this link to watch.)


Here's another of my daily sketchbook self-portraits - this one done in oils on a ground of gray gesso. When I'm using oil paint in my sketchbook, I actually prefer to paint right on the paper. Gesso, being water-based, makes the paper buckle. Paint thinners like Gamsol don't have the same effect. And, because I get a lot of questions about whether I use a special kind of sketchbook to paint in - the answer is no - it's just your garden variety sketchbook. Pentalic - this one, I think.

1 comment:

lg said...

الان اقوى مبيدات فعالة للتخلص من الحشرات نهائيا مع اكبر شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام باستخدام مواد صديقة للبيئة كما لديما فنيين مختصين فى ابادة جميع انواع الحشرات داخل ِشركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر مع ضمان عدم ظهورها مرة اخرى فقط زوروا موقعنا