Friday, January 5, 2018

Over the Moon

 "Over the Moon"
12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas
$500 

I've been making some paintings recently that include Tarot cards. I don't know much about Tarot, but I like the iconography. The meanings of each card are so open ended; I enjoy reading about each one and thinking about how they apply to the imagery in my paintings. The still life comes first, the possible meanings come later. That's always the way it is with me. My paintings aren't narrative - if I try to set up a still life with "meaning," it always falls flat. I approach them with a focus on the formal/visual elements, and the meaning comes as I'm painting - if it comes. Sometimes, a painting really is just about shapes and colors. 

The card in this one is "The Moon." You can read about it here.

Here is the value study for this piece. It's approximately 8x10, oil paint on Arches oil paper:

$100

1 comment:

china clay teapot said...

A teapot that suits you is inseparable from these factors, and there are a few different decisions about people. The value of the judge, regardless of the price or material production, there is alAuthentic Purple Clay Teapotways a favorite teapot is to your heart.
How does the purple